[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Firedoors (fired Oors ?)
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Firedoors (fired Oors ?)
- From: Anonymous <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 15:54:56 +0100 (CET)
- Comments: This message did not originate from the Sender address above.It was remailed automatically by anonymizing remailer software.Please report problems or inappropriate use to theremailer administrator at <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
- Sender: email@example.com
Finally, fireholes for the masses:
http://www.nocrew.org/software/httptunnel.html (sources & info.)
This is the beginning of an end to illiteracy-based security. Imagine all those
billions spent on firewall ("security") consultants :-))
It is just a matter of time before web operators start offering services based
on http tunnelling. With a proper mimicry there is no way to filter this out.
A few comments:
- I think that code needs some authentication to be more secure (author provided
some placeholders for that.)
- Gateway application would also be nice (to enable transparent tcp/ip across
firewalls, so that existing tcp/ip apps will work.)
- Enveloping needs some (pseudo) randomization to thwart recognition attempts
(inserting strings like "Microsoft", "Monica", and other sheeple-interest
buzzwords now and then.)
- Used with an anonymizing proxy httptunnelling becomes the first practical
implementation of semi-anonymous tcp/ip connections.