[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
April Fools (was FWD: PC Computing Online: Bombshell)
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: April Fools (was FWD: PC Computing Online: Bombshell)
- From: Anonymous <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 18:05:58 +0100 (CET)
- Comments: This message did not originate from the Sender address above.It was remailed automatically by anonymizing remailer software.Please report problems or inappropriate use to theremailer administrator at <email@example.com>.
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is an April Fool's joke.
A shocking revelation in a little-known Minnesota legal case is about
to throw the entire PC industry into turmoil. And unless privacy
advocates are successful in a court challenge, everyday users may be
in serious danger of being sued or fired.
It turns out that virtually every computer system purchased after
March 1996 contains a microphone, and that the IT departments at Polar
and other companies had routinely been using special sound-activated
software to record and collect conversations.