Re: [FW1] Seeing bootp/dhcp requests and snmp broadcasts from Internet-based addresses

--- "Young, Roger" <youngr@erinet.com> wrote:

> This could be the partner's support guy doing this
> for all we know, but
> would you normally run snmp discovery over the
> Internet from home through
> your own Internet connection?

I've seen packets leak when our own users are dialed up . At first I
thought someone was probing our network and then tracked it down to one
of our own internal network admins dialing up while running his silly
optivity/openview application. Wintel boxes seem to like to broadcast
this garbage. Same could be the case for your DHCP requests.

Dave Elfering